Friday, September 4, 2026

Secret messages and soft colours

 


I loved the soft colours of this month’s BYOC palette, which lent itself to contemplative pages.


Not long ago I asked people in the scrappy community for theme ideas. Many of us now have older or adult children, so the theme of young adulthood and independence was a common request.


So while my BYOC collection CAN DO works as a ‘fall themed’ kit and is also loosely themed around learning, there are also little touches and elements that work for the young adult idea, plus the concept of determination and the tackling of hard things that are necessary when ‘adulting’.


I’m definitely not young ;-) but no matter how old we are, we can both forge new paths and draw on our reserves of determination.


Many of these journal elements I have included can carry little messages, like 20+, 123, ‘hard things’ and ‘the real world’.


The ‘single’ ticket and the ‘hard things’ tag on my layout carries the meaning for this page, which is outwardly a travel page but really isn’t.


Here’s another from the same trip (I was helping to amuse and care for the delightful Rosie while in Spain):



But it can take you wherever you want to go, as Geraldine and Brenda demonstrate below with two very different pages :-)


You can find the 'Can Do' collection at The Lilypad




No comments: